View Single Post
Old 06-27-2011, 08:55 AM   #433 (permalink)
aadosx
Base Member

Drives: 2007 Nissan 350Z
aadosx is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnold K. View Post
Tony said the new production shouldn't have this issue. Though I've already contacted him and he's ready to provide a replacement immediately if I say so. First I want to eliminate the possibility of it being anything else before I waste his time and before I have him send me a replacement I may not need.

Did you listen to the video? It sounds way too metallic to be a loose particle, if you ask me. It also goes away at above the 3K mark.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnold K. View Post
Here is a much better video of the sound. Notice as the idle drops, the sound goes away at the very end.

Video - TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting
Quote:
Originally Posted by 370Z JT View Post
sounds like something's rattling inside the pipes. but how come the rattle goes away by the end of the video?
Well Arnold, you really need to get under the car to figure out exactly where the sound is coming from, to be sure.. but luckily Tony is helping you out since I guess not everyone has a race jack and jackstands like I do..

That is exactly what mine sounds like and the sound in my case is definitely coming from inside the pipe (the pipe is not hitting the car or anything). Tony is sending me a replacement as well so I'll keep you updated. It stinks that this is happening to some of us, but I guess that's how first production runs are sometimes.

The reason the sound goes away once you rev it up some is beause the ART Pipes (and exhaust as a whole I would imagine) vibrate at different intensities at different RPM's. Around 2000 RPMs (or a cold start) they vibrate a lot.. so that's why the rattle is worst there.