View Single Post
Old 06-26-2011, 07:45 PM   #22 (permalink)
whealy
Base Member

Drives: 10 370Z Roadster
whealy is on a distinguished road

RCK,

Been on lots of boards over the years. And every one responded the same way when a young man (never a young woman – guess they don’t drive?) gets a car they now covet. I guess everyone just remembers what they were like at that age.

As for the warrantee, do not buy from an independent provider. Check the records and you will see most suck in purchases then fold under bankruptcy leaving the buyers holding the bag. I assume Nissan offers one. That’s the one I would get. Keep in mind, that these are loaded with markup. So shop it around. Typically, you’ll find it for half what it retails for. It’s all about mitigating risk. So weigh that as you see fit. While no one wants to replace a powertrain, there aren’t hidden big ticket items in our Z’s (compared to dual clutch tyrannys per say) but you gotta know what you are comfortable risking.

I for one think it’s cool to have a couple generations of Z’s across the family generations. Just don’t let him call himself the new and improved model.! Enjoy.
whealy is offline   Reply With Quote