View Single Post
Old 07-19-2009, 09:18 PM   #45 (permalink)
FricFrac
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370Z 300ZX 280ZX 240
FricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to FricFrac

I think you're missing the point of the NISMO. Its for those who want the NISMO parts as an option for their car. For what it is its a good deal. Price the bits and pieces seperately and its gonna cost you way more. Plus they did some extra stuff like solid welding the frames to increase the stiffness of the chasis. If you are looking for a high performance version of the 370Z (which incase we forgot is one of the best bang for the buck sports cars out there) then the NISMO isn't good value. Get your own less expensive parts sans warranty. Oh and that's another point - for those of you who got suckered in with the "paint protection" you do realize that's just a wax job with a warranty right? Same thing with the NISMO parts - you pay a premium and you get warranty coverage with it and hopefully no hassels because the car was built that way.

Personally I'm not interested in the NISMO model. Don't like the looks of the body kit (well 'cept for the rear wing - tempted...) and I'd rather get other performance parts specific to what I'll be doing with the car.

Take it for what it is. A 370Z with factory installed NISMO parts as well as a tune and body welds at a fraction of what that would cost to buy the parts seperately and its going to be a fairly rare version of the car. It's not suppose to be a super charged turboed 370Z..... Is it a good deal? Not to me personally but to someone who wants the brand name stuff....