View Single Post
Old 06-26-2011, 12:22 AM   #421 (permalink)
aadosx
Base Member

Drives: 2007 Nissan 350Z
aadosx is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnold K. View Post
Power, the top end has tremendously improved it simply hauls. The low end is brighter but i dont notice the torque increase as much as i did in my 350Z probably because it was auto.
If you came from stock cats you won't notice a huge low end TQ improvement.. but you will notice the top end improvement. If you come from test pipes, it will be the opposite: you'll notice a huge low end TQ improvement but not any top end improvement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armonster View Post
I've got the OEM nismo exhaust. I don't know whether the hissing is rasp or not, but I'd like to find a way to get rid of it ASAP.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z1804 View Post
I have the HISSING sound on mine too. It's quite annoying. I'm also curiously about how to reduce or get rid of it.
The only way to have an exhaust with absolutely no rasp or hiss, from every Z I've ever seen personally, is to use stock cats. It's as simple as that. Sadly, there are trade-offs when it comes to modding.. that's just how it is. For all the power you're gaining you have to give up a little something. The hissing on these things is EXTREMELY minimal compared to test pipes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnold K. View Post
Err...I've developed some crazy *** tin-can rattle from what sounds like the driver side. I know we cut the bolt, I saw them do it. It sounds very metallic, embarrassing, and loud.

Any ideas what this could be? It's a constant metal noise. I've recorded it. Uploading the video now.
This is probably a loose ceramic coating bead that got into your ART Pipe when they were making it. Tony already mentioned this earlier in the thread. Did you not read it? ...

I would try to figure out exactly where the noise is coming from first, then go from there. If it's something inside the ART Pipe, I'm pretty sure Tony will take care of you. GL.