View Single Post
Old 07-19-2009, 07:32 PM   #36 (permalink)
Enthusiast Member

Drives: GP Z Base+Sport (6m)
355890 has a reputation beyond repute355890 has a reputation beyond repute355890 has a reputation beyond repute355890 has a reputation beyond repute355890 has a reputation beyond repute355890 has a reputation beyond repute355890 has a reputation beyond repute355890 has a reputation beyond repute355890 has a reputation beyond repute355890 has a reputation beyond repute355890 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by spearfish25 View Post
I can't get over this so I figured I'd post my opinion and see what you guys think. Four months ago when I bought my 370Z, I was an excited 'convert' from having owned a number of Audis.

With my old Audis, I was truly an Audi enthusiast. I drooled over the S and RS variations of the cars, attended Audi driving schools, etc etc. I was loyal and loved the sportier versions offered by the S and RS models. Audi had and still has something special in their 'sporty racing' versions that is sexy and desirable.

Now I'm a Nissan owner and I love my new Z. However, out comes the Nismo 370Z and all I do is find myself cringing at everything Nismo represents. First, the 'sportier' model looks arguably ridiculous from some or many angles. Even something as simple as more aggressive styling is done with numerous stepoffs and contours that don't compliment each other. To make matters worse, the bumpers look like plastic rather than smooth, sleek and hi-tech. Second, the Nismo really offers nothing that's more desirable. If Audi put out a Nismo 370Z, it would sport a twin-turbo or V8 upgrade. Why isn't our Nismo sporting 400+hp? BMW and Mercedes also know the recipe with their M and AMG versions. People would laugh at Audi if the RS4 just had new front and rear bumpers, some RS4 stitching and a new exhaust.

In short, I'm sorry to say that anything Nismo makes my stomach crawl. The last thing I'd want on my car is anything that actually says "Nismo". For me, Nismo is just Cheese-mo. What do you guys think?

Suspension. I think the current 370Z Sport suspension falls very short on capabilites.

The NISMO model does fill in those gaps.

However, engine changes ( Turbo, Supercharger ) enhancements are really what is in order for a flagship model.

I am an ex - VW owner R32. and it was quick !!

"Burnley Football Club supporter" ENGLAND...ENGLAND...ENGLAND
355890 is offline   Reply With Quote