View Single Post
Old 06-25-2011, 06:00 AM   #15 (permalink)
christian370z
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2010 370Z/Saab 900se
christian370z has a reputation beyond reputechristian370z has a reputation beyond reputechristian370z has a reputation beyond reputechristian370z has a reputation beyond reputechristian370z has a reputation beyond reputechristian370z has a reputation beyond reputechristian370z has a reputation beyond reputechristian370z has a reputation beyond reputechristian370z has a reputation beyond reputechristian370z has a reputation beyond reputechristian370z has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasti View Post
Of course you are right, higher speed and higher rpms causing higher engine temp. But already after 5 miles? I dont think so. Before i could drive 240 km/h for many many miles. Frankfurt direction border of france is a nice and free autobahn. I could drive there before long distances with full speed and temps not goinger higher than 210. Some days after the exhaust change i drive there again and i needed to slow down after 5 miles of driving fast, because i was affraid to go into limp mode.
Ah ok, I didn't realize you hit that temperature so quickly. I too suggest reseting your ECU, you can use this technique instead of disconnecting the battery which will save you having to reset the clock and windows:

Quote:
Read the process a few times before you try to do this its ALL ABOUT TIMING:

1) With the key in your pocket/car, push the Engine Start button TWICE (so the car is fully on, but not started)
2) Within three seconds of the car "ON" (again NOT started), Floor (all the way down) and Release the gas pedal fully 5 times within 5 seconds. Do not do this too fast.. 1..2..3..4..5
3) Wait 7 seconds then floor the gas pedal and hold for 10 seconds. After that 10 seconds the Check Engine Light will start to blink slowly.
4) Release the pedal and floor it down once again and hold for 10 seconds. After these 10 seconds the check engine light will disappear then begin to flash much more rapidly. After you have done the following turn the car off and then back on. The ECU is now reset!!
SP Rays -- RE-11s -- SpecialtyZ Tune -- Swift Springs -- Stillen 25R Oil Cooler -- Stillen G3 Intakes -- Berk HFCs -- F.I. 12" CBE -- Stillen Sway Bars -- Es14 Spring -- INGS+1 lip -- CF Spoiler -- GTR Start Button -- VLED Parking Lights -- PWJDM V2 shift knob
christian370z is offline   Reply With Quote