View Single Post
Old 07-19-2009, 05:13 PM   #14 (permalink)
spearfish25
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: to work
spearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to spearfish25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert_Nash View Post
Nissan already has a twin turbo 6 cylinder - it's called a GT-R; Nissan doesn't need to put out a Z that would be putting down near GT-R HP/Tq and likely, be dangerously close to a GT-R price.

More importantly; who would buy it??? How big do you think the $60-$70K+ sports car market is?
Audi/Merc/BMW all have a lineup of high performance models that must be selling pretty darn well. Putting a GT-R motor in the 370Z, perhaps somewhat de-tuned to drop the HP into the lower 400s to keep it slower than a GT-R. I'd imagine a twin-turbo kit (GT-R detuned motor) would still keep the car's price around $55k-65k. Throw in some sportier springs, a vented hood, CF side mirrors, and a more aggressive grille and you have yourself a sweet upgraded Nismo package.

Would I be able to afford it right now? No. Would I drool when I saw someone drive it by, lust for it, and probably buy it in a few years when I'm not a surgical resident any longer? Absolutely.

I think the $60-70k sportscar market is pretty huge actually. Porsche has two models in that bracket and they're still in business .

Last edited by spearfish25; 07-19-2009 at 05:21 PM.
spearfish25 is offline   Reply With Quote