View Single Post
Old 07-19-2009, 01:57 PM   #15 (permalink)
FricFrac
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370Z 300ZX 280ZX 240
FricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to FricFrac

I've been told the clear coat on the wheels is the same or similar to what they use on the paint. That being said I'm sure whatever products you use on the paint would likely be desireable to use on your clear coated mags... I personally use the wheel brush from EShine - one of those "I wish I knew about this product years ago". Thanks to NXTAZEE as always for the detailing pointers!

I also use the Zymol Wheel Brush for getting in around the lug nuts...

If you keep on top of it - eg washing your mags when you wash the car I don't find there is any significant scrubbing required. I use the same car wash for my mags as for my paint. Before I was using the wheel brush I use to use the wheel cleaner but its very caustic so with the wheel brush I don't need it to loosen up brake dust behind calipers, etc...