View Single Post
Old 06-23-2011, 11:38 AM   #13 (permalink)
SPOHN
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Waiting on next Z
SPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisSlicks View Post
Diff temps are a problem on our cars, especially when running longer sessions. They put something together for Shamu's car so they should be able to replicate it in kit form. Pump, small Setrab core, thermostatic switch, and oil lines. Difficult part is deciding to tap the cover for the oil lines or using the fill and drain holes. Problem with using the fill hole is that you never get the oil capacity quite right as you can't account for the oil being taken up in the core and lines, which given the small oil capacity is an issue.

I'm probably down for a sump, given how hard I beat the car on track it is a worthwhile investment.
Yea I've thought of this after looking at others. I'd like to use the drain/ fill holes to keep it simpler. I'm sure there's a good enough solution for getting it close enough.

I've have had two situations where mine has overheated. My diff would make some awful sounds when it did. And would take a good part of the day to get it back where it needed to be. Almost like the clutch plates couldn't take it. Which I now feel there will eventually be some unusally wear happing for the extra heat. I want to faith in the OS Giken LSD. But no more than what I'm doing, no big concerns. I've had a brief conversation with Shamu about it.

All this seem to be more when I take it to the mountains on miles of tight turns.