View Single Post
Old 06-22-2011, 04:09 PM   #7 (permalink)
FromG2Z
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '12 5.0, kona, 6MT
FromG2Z is a splendid one to beholdFromG2Z is a splendid one to beholdFromG2Z is a splendid one to beholdFromG2Z is a splendid one to beholdFromG2Z is a splendid one to beholdFromG2Z is a splendid one to beholdFromG2Z is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenchan View Post
G2Z- consult your local installer if they can do a full wrap on the hood and fenders. that's wat i'd do.
Thanks Ken... yeah he can do the FULL hood too, but I don't think I want to do that especially since I'm big into detailing/buffing/polishing etc. Having it on the entire hood would defeat the purpose for me... So that's why I was just thinking of doing the 1/3 of the hood or something... just to protect against chips.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GNS View Post
It's not as obvious if your installer is good about cutting the film and not leaving useless trim behind. My installer uses sheets cut by computer and specially tailored for the hood/fenders. I wouldn't do half the hood...maybe the front 3rd is sufficient. Also it's not a question of if you'll get a chip...but when.

You know what's ironic? Clearbra is designed to be so optically clear because it has to be unnoticeable, but I see it as a mark of respect for the car by the owner, consequently one of the first things I look for IS an application of Clearbra - defeating the original intent of its transparency
Good point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadster4Us View Post
On a white car, it won't be noticed unless you are really looking for it. On my yellow car, nobody noticed until I pointed it out. Definitely more noticable on my Black Cherry Z, but the slight edge is still much better looking than chips or tons of touch up paint.

As Ken stated, if it's a real concern ask them how much extra to cover the full hood.

Good luck.
That's what my "hope" was, is that the clear bra line on the hood will be less noticeable than on a darker color. On my bumper, I have it ENTIRELY wrapped and you can't see it.

So NOBODY has any pics of their clear bra on the 1/2 or 1/3 of the hood????

Please help a brotha out (My search was unsuccessful as I got hits for a full hood mostly, and on dark colored or 40th Z's)
2012 5.0 GT Prem, Kona Blue, 6MT, HID, Brembo, 3.73 -- Ordered: 9/20/11, Born on: 10/20/11, Delivered 11/15/11"Marilyn" GT500 mufflers/flaps, MGW shifter, FRPP K springs, BMR panhard bar, Boss coil covers, 3DC spoiler, Llumar Tint (35% and 20%), 3M ClearBra
FromG2Z is offline   Reply With Quote