View Single Post
Old 06-22-2011, 11:18 AM   #24 (permalink)
Justin1686
Track Member

Drives: 09 370 PG AT
Justin1686 is on a distinguished road

My gut it saying to stay out of this thread. So i'll do my best to be positive to both shops here.

About a year ago I brought my Z to VTR to have them install my Berk HFC and CBE. They were fantastic, good to talk to, did the work in the time expected, etc. Nothing bad. But more recently I got some other work done to my car, I drove over to their new location, and I could just tell they were not settled in yet, so i decided against it. Before they moved, trust me, this shop was absolutely fantastic, and Vinny is a genius with the VQ engines. Vinny had to drop something off from one shop to the other, and brought me along and laid out how the new shop was going to look while we were there. When we got back, he actually yelled at one of his workers because he hadn't installed something perfectly (i was walking out of the shop to get picked up by this time), so he does care about the work thats getting done, but right now he's probably more worried about getting his shop fully done.

As far as Performance goes in smithtown, if you were unhappy with VTR, try them. They are who I brought my car to for my springs, spacers, and sway bar, and I cant tell you how amazing they were. Alex and Nigel are two of the easiest people to talk to. Before getting the work done, Alex walked me around the enormous shop, showed me where things get done, also seeing the beautiful Lotus was a plus. One of the mechanics who comes to give Alex and Nigel updates, when you hear him talk, you are like, ok, you know what you are talking about. The shop is a little far even for me, about 50-60 minutes, but worth the trip.

Both shops are great. Performance makes you feel like your part of their family, and VTR makes you feel like your at a mad genius shop. just my 2 cents.
2009 Touring & Sport Package || Platinum Graphite || 40% 3M Tint || Xpel Clear Bra || Berk CBE || Berk HFC || Stillen Sway Bar || H&R Spacers || Swift Springs || SPC Rear Camber Kit || Thanks to Savage Autosports, VTR, PM, and R.A.D.