View Single Post
Old 07-19-2009, 09:16 AM   #48 (permalink)
ZKindaGuy
Track Member

Drives: 370Z-AT7 Tour+Sport
ZKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeZKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeZKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeZKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeZKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeZKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeZKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeZKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeZKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeZKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeZKindaGuy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mergnthwirker View Post
For 370Z owners: If you didn't get the Z what would you have bought instead? What one thing pushed you over the line to buy the Z?

I wanted a Cayman in the worst way. I loved the ones I drove and up until I drove the Z, I was saving my pennies to buy one in a couple of years. But I found the Z so visceral and immediate and fun that I just couldn't resist. Sure the Porsche was a lot more refined, and probably holds its value better yada yada yada.

But I found the Z just plain more fun.

What about you?
There is no second choice. What "pushed" me over the line is that Nissan just plain makes the Z a good all around sport car at an exceptionally affordable price. They have a good understanding about engine design and tuning and they really don't spare the tuning of the engine for their cars as opposed to the American Big-3 that tend to severely under-tune their engines.

The fact that Nissan can easily get 330 BHP out of a 6-pack 3.7L engine compared to Ford's struggle to make 315 BHP out of an 8-pack 4.6L engine kinda says it all in terms of the more knowledgeable car manufacturer.

'nuff said
ZKindaGuy is offline   Reply With Quote