View Single Post
Old 06-22-2011, 10:01 AM   #18 (permalink)
Cmike2780
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: slowwww
Cmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond repute

^^I think you guys can find some common ground here. It's just semantics, but he was at the shop for 6 hours. That's a long time to wait no matter how you spin it. It doesn't sound like he's upset or angry, just disappointed at the way he was treated. If the terms of the estimate changes, you should have a least informed him. No one wants to be surprised with a bill thats more than double the original estimate. Legally a repair shop cannot place an increase of more than 10% of the estimate without the customers prior approval.

I'm sure you know this already, but customer service goes a long way. You didn't have to buy the guy lunch, he just wanted to be treated better.

OP, the CEL issues with RTP's are common. I would personally give them another chance to get everything resolved. The Z community is listening and they want to make sure thier reputation stays intact.