View Single Post
Old 06-22-2011, 02:30 AM   #10 (permalink)
SVTNate
Base Member

Drives: 2010 370Z 6MT
SVTNate is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich1 View Post
So I'm close to getting the 370z but had a couple of hang ups and was wondering how other owners were dealing with the issue.

1. Door handles: I know they are unique to the Z but with the way that they open do you have any issues on a day to day basis when you're carrying something like a drink.
2. Door edges: The door edge which is a bit sharp from the trim sticks out a bit from the window edge. Has it ever cause any issues when you accidently scraped yourself?
3. Accessing behind the seat: I know that I'm not buy the Z for storage but on the models I've checked out there doesn't seem to be a quick way to access the little nook behind the seat for storage. Is the leaning into the car and across the seat to reach the power seats the only way?
4. Rear view - How do you find the visibility out the back? I noticed because of the slope it seems quite limited.

Any advice on the above would be great. Thanks!
1. Never had an issue. I open the door, then grab my drink from the cupholder.

2. Never had an issue.

3. I have never used that storage area. I keep a little duffel bag in the hatch to easily store/transport small items.

4. What visibility? Just go faster than everyone else and you'll never have a problem. Us sport bike riders use the same solution since our mirrors usually show us little more than our own elbows or arms. Seriously, I got used to having to slouch a bit to see really far behind me (like when searching for law enforcement) and move my head/body more than you would in other cars. You will get used to it, hopefully before you hit something!
SVTNate is offline   Reply With Quote