View Single Post
Old 06-21-2011, 02:57 PM   #841 (permalink)
Nitrouz
Track Member

Drives: 40th Z, GTR, 420z-tt
Nitrouz has a spectacular aura aboutNitrouz has a spectacular aura aboutNitrouz has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckd05 View Post
An e92 m3 is too much like our Z for me to warrant owning both unless I'm of super baller status (which you seem to be, haha.) The e92 M3 is a Sick fn car for sure but driving my buddies than driving my Z they are very similar in speed/handling ... If I got a e92 m3 I would prob never drive the Z as it's just a little better than the Z in most areas, owning one or the other will make most owners just as happy as the other.

However, My z is a little faster in a straight line than his M3 ! but I'd still take the M over my car any day of the week. But both cars are more or less a car that you use as a "toy.". The M3 is def a little better DD and I am assuming that's why you are purchasing it, it's Much quieter and has a little smoother ride but both are def "sports car" not meant for family use , lol...

The only thing that bugs me about the M is how soft the clutch is and how far the throws are. Other than that I love it. Also the thick M steering wheel is nice to grip but I think I'd prefer it to be skinnier if I was going to be tracking the car.
I agree with you completely there with the soft clutch and long gear shifts. Also the lack of torque. But I should clarify that used M3's are cheap now, and this is a combined purchase between me and a buddy (50/50). He has an AE86 track car, and I have the Z. He has only 1 seat, I have 2. And we both need the occasional practicality. He just got out of a divorce recently and has 2 kids that he sees every other weekend and needs back seats. I just want a nice cruiser that I can pick up more than 1 lady friend in lol. Think of it like a car for a couple (obviously we're not), without the hassle or uncertainty of a relationship. So instead of an SUV or something, we get an M3. We just want something that's fun, with back seats, and we can get into trouble with. lol... We're going to burn through those tires so fast...