Thread: powershifting ?
View Single Post
Old 07-19-2009, 01:12 AM   #5 (permalink)
Bushguts
Banned

Drives: 07 civic si
Bushguts is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by TARDCORE View Post
I drive an 06 rsx s and i have like half of the mods you have and I am gettin in mid to low 14's. how many times have you been to the track? I ask this (and I am not flaming you at all I promise) because when i first started going to the track I was in the 17's. A lot of it is experience. I still get nervouse watching those flashing lights anticipating the green light. As the above poster mentioned... motor mounts help do wonders on fwd cars.

P.S. forgot to mention that the rsx is notorious for the 2nd gear issue. I would take it to your dealer and tell them whats happening I had the same problem and it was my syncros so they changed it out... twice so far haha. No more racing for me cuz the 2nd time wasn't free
well the 1st time i was at teh track i had teh 18" wheels and ran a 15.4 without powershifting. ran 4 times that night. teh second time i was there i ran 15 times and put the stock 17"s on and ran 15.1 without powershifting. the 3rd time i ran 15 times also and ran 15 flat powershifting.

my average r/t is 0.01-0.02 so im not nervous at the tree.

ps. i dont think the dealer would cover it if i told them taht when i powershift into 2nd it doesnt go in. please check and fix if needed. i think theyll void my warranty due to abuse. what did you tell teh dealer to get them to fix it.

Last edited by Bushguts; 07-19-2009 at 01:14 AM.
Bushguts is offline   Reply With Quote