View Single Post
Old 06-21-2011, 11:09 AM   #1 (permalink)
Corporate666
Base Member

Drives: 02 BMW 3
Corporate666 is on a distinguished road
Default Synchro rev questions

Hi guys,

I am looking at a 6MT car with the synchro rev. I had a few questions about it if someone who has it will fill me in

1) Does it rev-match on upshifts as well as downshifts? How does it know if you're going up or down? Like if you are cruising at 40mph and want to downshift to get more acceleration, or let's say you acceelerate to 40mph briskly, then let off the gas and cruise, then want to shift up a gear to drop the revs... how does it know what gear you will be going into?

2) Does it ever get it wrong? Like you are coming to a light so you push the clutch in, and it thinks you are going to upshift when you were actually going to downshift.

3) Is there any way to "cancel" it (without pushing the button)? I don't always shift linearly... I may pull out from a sidestreet, get on the gas hard in 1st and 2nd, but then want to just shift into 4th to cruise. If it's holding RPM's at (for example) 4000rpm waiting for me to shift into 3rd, how do I cancel that? If you release the clutch while the shifter is in neutral, does it cancel it? Or if you blip the gas, will it cancel the auto-rev? Is there any way to cancel it other than pushing the button (which obviously you wouldn't do every time you wanted to shift non-linearly)
Corporate666 is offline   Reply With Quote