View Single Post
Old 06-20-2011, 09:54 PM   #53 (permalink)
6MT
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Reliant Robin
6MT has a reputation beyond repute6MT has a reputation beyond repute6MT has a reputation beyond repute6MT has a reputation beyond repute6MT has a reputation beyond repute6MT has a reputation beyond repute6MT has a reputation beyond repute6MT has a reputation beyond repute6MT has a reputation beyond repute6MT has a reputation beyond repute6MT has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIGItonium View Post
Let's sticky a thread that lists owners who experience loss of clutch pressure with the pedal sticking to the floor. Please include the last 6 digits of the VIN, since Nissan support requested this number when calling for support. Hopefully we can gather some failure stats.
  • VIN: 406164
  • Purchase Date: 04/17/2009
  • Occurrence Date: 09/14/2010
  • Occurrence Mileage: 16,158
  • Clutch Type: OEM
Summary:
Getting ready to leave work, warmed up the car, pulled around the corner of the parking lot, and the pedal sunk to the floor when attempting to engage 3rd. The morning commute was normal, and there has been no real complications other than random shudder when going into 1st. The more I press it, the further it sunk without returning. A twitch of the foot would kill the engine. Clutch is stock. I never dumped it, burned out, etc. Only a few spirited driving once in awhile.

Conclusion:
[09/15] CONFIRMED CSC FAILURE, and a new part will be overnighted. The failed part must be returned to Nissan, but I asked the service advisor if I could examine the CSC and take some photos to benefit the community in regards to what's causing the failure.

[09/16] Car is still at the shop. The tech spent the entire day removing the transmission. Hopefully it'll be ready tomorrow afternoon. On a side note, I requested them to check out the brake switch and re-align it to resolve part of my throttle delay issues.

[09/17] Got the car back. The tech said something about fluid leaking out of the CSC. From looking at it first hand, it looks like it is leaking from the inside indicating o-ring failure. He said the last car he worked on had the same symptoms, but it was the master cylinder that failed. He was surprised about the condition of my clutch (clean) because he wonder if I ever drive the car hard. The car seems to drive a bit better, softer engagement, less play, and so far no signs of judder.

Part Number: 306A1-JK40D

[EDIT] Found a term for the random "shudder." It's called clutch judder:
WikiAnswers - What makes a clutch judder

Yeah.... so? Sounds like just bad luck. Could have happened to anyone.

2009 370Z Sport/Touring 6MT sold
2013 Honda Civic Si coupe D/D
6MT is offline   Reply With Quote