View Single Post
Old 06-19-2011, 01:16 AM   #4 (permalink)
eksigned
Base Member

Drives: G37S
eksigned is on a distinguished road

I'm not entirely sure if I understand what you're getting at, but I'll give it a shot. From your original post, it seems that you're referring to the O2 sensor - does it NOT fit into the bung of your new test pipes? The extension off the pipes are both present to pull the O2 sensors back to prevent CEL. Less restriction and therefore more air flow - your car will throw a code. By the way, just a heads up...I had my test pipes on (with full exhaust) on for a little bit under a month. I pulled my plugs the day of prior to my UpRev tune. They were charred white (not completely, but getting to the point). Keep an eye on those plugs. Does that answer your question?

As for the other small extensions and such, you do NOT have to purchase anything to refit them; leave them off. The small collar seals that you're talking about about the OE ringed gaskets. You don't get gaskets when you throw on test pipes from anyone; they won't fit with OE headers. Purchase gasket maker (orange goo stuff); acts as a sealant.

By the way, did you get the forward bolts yourself (the one you broke)? I just paid $40 bucks to have both of them broken via my friend's dealership. Best $40, evveerr!

Last edited by eksigned; 06-19-2011 at 01:18 AM.
eksigned is offline   Reply With Quote