View Single Post
Old 06-18-2011, 07:50 PM   #4 (permalink)
kevin.z
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 09 370z M6 PGtouring
kevin.z is on a distinguished road

According to my readings on this forum, there are some issues with clutch/flywheel upgrade. Maybe RCZ and others can chime in and correct me.

1. CSC Failure: Stock plastic CSC needs to replaced with metal CSC. Currently no one knows whether metal CSC solves the CSC failure or not because it takes time to test it. But in principle and theory it should solve the problem.

2. Master Cylinder Fail: Apparently stock master cylinder sucks too. There are currently no replacement for it. So the best thing to do is replace new stock master cylinder. Apparently it will last you 30k+ miles?

3. Flywheel springs: Some flywheels springs are not match to 370z since they are made for 350z. I still dont exactly understand the details of this issue. RCZ had problems with the Fidanza flywheel and southbend clutch. So I would say be extremely cautious with what flywheel you choose?

Feel free to tell me I am wrong and I hope that I am wrong because my clutch is about die soon. I was looking for a new clutch but now looks like upgrading clutch will open a can of worms.
kevin.z is offline   Reply With Quote