View Single Post
Old 07-18-2009, 10:36 AM   #7 (permalink)
ZCarMan
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 Z34, 13 F-150
ZCarMan has a brilliant futureZCarMan has a brilliant futureZCarMan has a brilliant futureZCarMan has a brilliant futureZCarMan has a brilliant futureZCarMan has a brilliant futureZCarMan has a brilliant futureZCarMan has a brilliant futureZCarMan has a brilliant futureZCarMan has a brilliant futureZCarMan has a brilliant future

I forgot to also answer the rest of your questions:

2. I'm considering Monterey Blue, Platinum and Chicane Yellow. Does a clear bra look better (less noticeable) on any one of those colors?

Lighter the color the less noticeable your clearbra should be. I have a black Z so its the worst one for lines showing which is why I got the full hood.

3. Do most installers handle 3M and Ventureshield? Is one better than the other?

There are several that have both. There is plenty on the internet about the pros and cons of either. Ventureshield, the one I went with has a lifetime warranty whereas I believe the 3M is 5 years, but supposedly warrants the paint underneath should it be chipped. You'll have to confirm that though.

4. Do they make these as pre-cut kits especially for 370Z, or does installer do a custom installation?

Was told by my installer that Ventureshield makes pre-cut Kits but many installers have the ability to cut their own.

Hope that helps out a little. Good luck. Having either bra installed will be an investment in my opinion to keep your car from getting gouged with chips and such. Pay now up front or pay later. If you're gonna drive the car in the D.C. metro area its a good investment in my opinion. The roads here suck and you have a zillion semis and dump trucks with their gravel falling out all over. Its not a matter of if you'll take a rock, but rather it is when. With a clearbra you'll be able to drive knowing you have something to protect your Z. Good luck!
ZCarMan is offline   Reply With Quote