View Single Post
Old 06-17-2011, 07:11 PM   #19 (permalink)
Cmike2780
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: slowwww
Cmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TongMan View Post
I'm sure a tune is all beneficial to the mods currently on the OP's car, but remember to add a couple hundred dollars to have an authorized uprev tuner shop do the dyno tune. More time and money wasted to make appointments and getting there. Just from reading threads in the past on this forum, the gains just doesn't justify the cost of getting the tune.

All the tune does is balances out the a/f ratio and nothing else really. No launch control, no VVEL modifiers, no raising the rev limiter, etc. If you got the money to spend, feel free to get the tune. But if you want to chose one over another, get the rims first. Rims add a "wow" factor to your sports car. It's not like you go out racing every weekend, line up with other cars on the streets like you've got something to prove, or redline through every stop light, do you?

Basic bolt ons will change the a/f ratio, but it's not like your motor is going to blow up or anything like that without the tune. Get some nice rims.
You might want to read up on UpRev a bit more. Just last weekend, a g37 having up rev done picked up 26hp and more torque..... at the wheels. It was tuned on a dyno for about $600. That's well worth it considering an exhaust nets you, at most 18hp to the wheels. I'm sure someone out there has the know how to add Launch control and raise the rev limiter if our willing to experiment. The car will run fine with bolt on's and stock tune, but it could be better.

UpRev is well worth it IMO and I plan to get it done in the future.

Maybe it just me, but more power and torque always puts a bigger smile on my face.

Cmike2780 is offline   Reply With Quote