View Single Post
Old 06-17-2011, 05:20 PM   #75 (permalink)
Mr.Squeeze
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2010 370z
Mr.Squeeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Squeeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Squeeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Squeeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Squeeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Squeeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Squeeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Squeeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Squeeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Squeeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Squeeze has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sylenze View Post
let me know if i have summarize this accurately enough...

from reading all the post, it seems that

the original owner of the stillen SC kit was not happy and decided to move on to GTM...

the car was brought to sam for inspection to assure there are no issues with the engine.. spent 20 hrs on it... as a result, sam opined that the tune was not ideal, which resulted to the numbers and issues the car is producing with the stillen kit... well ofcourse he also has opinions on the design of the kit as well...

the kit was uninstalled, shipped to a buyer, and installed by the new buyer/owner along with a whole mess of new/cool/smart enhancement to the kit... he then was having problems with one of the injectors and sent to the manufacturer for inspection (obviously stillen's supplier)... that injector turned out to be faulty... somebody then mentioned that the issue with stillen's kit and its tune from one of the cars that use to have it, is only because of that single faulty injector that came with the kit...

...sam then indicates that there weren't any specific misfire codes that the ECU produced related to a faulty injector and that the sparkplugs looks normal...

he is now being called a liar...

my thoughts:
-is sam really happy for the stillen kit owners and did he really spent that much time assessing that kit he replaced?
-i wonder if sam did try tuning the stillen kit and turned up more power than his?
-wasn't there other cars having the same issues with the tune as the original owner of the car with the kit?
-Did any of those other cars have issues with the tune showing misfire codes, messed up sparkplugs, and what not?
-how many times did stillen redo the tune? version 7 for CARB cert?
-could the injector been damaged through all the handling it went through?
-am having fun derailing this thread even more and is somebody going to care?
-is stillen still on the forum discussing their SC kit?
-what happened to greddy turbo kits?
-why would someone who has GTM product bash on the guy who designed his turbo kit? isn't that like calling ur sibling an SOB?
-why is there so much west coast east coast rivalry in the forum... not necesarily accurate but yeah...

sorry too much coffee in the morning... and was bored..
You pretty much some it up except Nismo's response as well as mine was because Sam said this.

Making the statement that the car had a bad injector and that is why the car was detonating is such a blanket statement and is inaccurate. We spent 20 hrs diagnosing this particular car and logging all the ECU parameters via Cipher and Nissan's ConsultIII Factory Diagnostic Tool. At no point was there any indication of one bad injector. If you have a bad injector on one of the banks of the engine, your correction factor will be different since one wideband on a particular bank will read richer or leaner. Eric's car did not have that symptom.

This might have been the case when he tested Eric's car but was not the case in mine. If Sam wants to say making a statement that a car has a bad injetor is a blanket statement. I could then say the same about is test results that was posted. We can go back and forth all day in the end this was not the topic of this thread but it ended up that way.