View Single Post
Old 06-17-2011, 04:20 PM   #52 (permalink)
JB1
Track Member

Drives: 09 Nissan 370Z sold
JB1 has a spectacular aura aboutJB1 has a spectacular aura about

I have the Nav, I like the integration, the looks, iPod interface and music box. I don't like the safety feature of having most functions blocked while driving. But I fixed this with a override module. But what I really HATE is the ridiculous cost to upgrade the maps.

Nissan send me this e-mail with a nice offer: "Get your Map update for only (!!) $ 100,- normal price $ 150,-". Not cheap, but doable. This is, until you read the fine print: For '10 and up you can do it yourself with the DVD/CR-ROM. But to upgrade the maps in an '09 Z you have to take the car to the dealer. I called 3 local dealers to see what they charge for the update: 125, 140 or 244!!!. So buy the update code for 100, take that to the dealer and drop another 125 to 244. So a possible $344,- for a simple NAV map upgrade WTF???
Black Fangs // Black rear Valance // Berk CBE // COBB post MAF tubes // K&N drop in filters // Setrab Oil Cooler // Stillen Sway bars // Z1 SS brake lines // Stillen brake cooling kit // Harness bar //
JB1 is offline   Reply With Quote