View Single Post
Old 06-17-2011, 03:53 PM   #51 (permalink)
frost
Retired admin

Drives: Your Wife Crazy
frost frost frost frost frost frost frost frost frost frost frost

First, I actually have the nav, so I'm no hater.

It looks fantastic with the car. In fact, the whole interior looks different with it. It was the looks that really sold me.

That being said, it's not worth the money. Many roads even several years old are not on there. Keep updating the maps every year or two? Sure, if you wanna spend even more fuckin money. The routes they give suck. Google maps and my phone give faster routes. For example, from my work to home, it want me to drive a straight line there through 25 miles of stop signs, red lights, train tracks, etc instead of going 4 miles out of my way and hopping on the freeway which shaves like, 15 minutes off the trip.

It's clumsy to use. Again, I can probably do it on my phone twice as fast.

It won't let you use many functions while the car is moving, such as entering in an address or scrolling through lists. As a safety guy, I get the idea behind it, but I often have a copilot who could use it just fine. Again, it takes so long to get an address in there, you can't even really use it at stop lights, because as soon as you move, it kicks you back to the previous screen (iirc).

If I had it to all over again, I'd spend that $3k on hookers and blow, and just use my phone for nav.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rooftop View Post
<insert snarky, slightly condescending frost joke>
frost is offline   Reply With Quote