View Single Post
Old 06-17-2011, 03:38 PM   #50 (permalink)
SeattleLion
Base Member

Drives: '13 Mustang GT Prem.
SeattleLion has a reputation beyond reputeSeattleLion has a reputation beyond reputeSeattleLion has a reputation beyond reputeSeattleLion has a reputation beyond reputeSeattleLion has a reputation beyond reputeSeattleLion has a reputation beyond reputeSeattleLion has a reputation beyond reputeSeattleLion has a reputation beyond reputeSeattleLion has a reputation beyond reputeSeattleLion has a reputation beyond reputeSeattleLion has a reputation beyond repute

I got the nav package (2010) and I love it. You really can't compare the sat nav with portable units. The built-in nav does not only use GPS. It also has a yaw sensor (to sense change of direction) and a connection to the speedo/odometer. That way you still get position information even if the GPS connection is lost. On occasion that causes the car to appear to be in the middle of a cow pasture, but usually (like in a tunnel) it is great.

The blue tooth is fine and I like the way the integration allows picking contacts from my phone's contact list, not just the list in the nav package. I had an aftermarket backup camera installed and it is integrated seamlessly into the nav package.

It's expensive. Is it worth it? That depends on you. I bought the touring Z with sport package and GPS. It had a sticker price of about $42k. I paid less, but not a lot less. It's worth it to me and I am very happy with the quality of the display and all of the added features.
SeattleLion is offline   Reply With Quote