View Single Post
Old 06-17-2011, 12:58 AM   #11 (permalink)
crystalline
Base Member

Drives: 09 Nismo 370z
crystalline is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjlazer View Post
^ yep you cheaped out so accept that this will happen when you do that, and suck it up as you are doing and buy the upgraded clutch. If you don't want to to this don't cheap out and buy a new car that they have to cover under warantee. Used cars are usually sold as is anyway but it sucks as it should be covered under warantee. But like you said, there is not way of knowing what the PO did to the car...
You cant be serious? I didn't "cheap out" I just took what appeared to be the better deal, I don't believe the dealer that sold me the car was aware of any clutch issues when I bought it, they are just cheap ******** and refuse to cover it now. It might still be covered under Nissan "warantee" but I don't feel like risking $700 to find out.

The lesson learned statement was mainly due to the fact that I was furious when writing that last post, I will still come out way ahead money wise, just father behind hassle wise. I hope you don't really think that anyone who buys a barely used car will have major parts fail which should last thousands of miles for no reason. If the car had 50,000 miles on it you would have a point.

I suppose you think the PO sat in his driveway revved the car to 7500 rpms and engaged the clutch part way to destroy it before trading it in? Whats more likely a defective part which failed, or the PO destroying the clutch in less than 7000 mi?

Last edited by crystalline; 06-17-2011 at 01:07 AM.
crystalline is offline   Reply With Quote