View Single Post
Old 06-16-2011, 07:26 PM   #17 (permalink)
mrwhipels
Base Member

Drives: 2010 370z mb
mrwhipels is on a distinguished road

I hooked my aswc up to a pioneer avh-p4200. I have had the head unit working in my car for 3 months and I just decided to hook this steering wheel adapter up. I got through the install fine and hooked up the pink blue and black wire up to the car and grounded pin 15 to the same ground as the rest of my radio( I hope that is okay). I also hooked up the red wire from the aswc to the orange ignition wire. I programmed the unit manually and every thing worked fine. So I turn the car off put the dash back together. I go to turn the car back and the radio is going hay wire. I can't change sources and the radio will not stop on a station. My back up cam will not work. I tried resetting the radio and still nothing. I took the dash apart checked all my connections. I then took the aswc off and turned the radio back on everything works fine. So I hook the aswc up again everything works. Turn the car off and then back on same thing radio goes hay wire.

What do you guys think bad aswc? I was thinking of trying to hook up the red wire from the aswc to the red power wire on the radio. Thinking that it might need to be powered all the time so when I turn the radio off it doesn't loose power.

I am calling metra tomorrow to see if the can help.

Oh yea I have a base '10
mrwhipels is offline   Reply With Quote