View Single Post
Old 06-16-2011, 03:40 PM   #532 (permalink)
Econ
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Fiat?
Econ is a jewel in the roughEcon is a jewel in the roughEcon is a jewel in the roughEcon is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98intrigue View Post
Oh, I totally agree with you...twin turbos are much more ideal for this motor than a single turbo. I just prefer the power delivery, sound, and the fact that no one else has it. I like being an innovator and I like being different.

I suspected air in the coolant system from the beginning. It was noted and fixed right away with the addition of a custom overflow tank, since the OEM one had to be removed due to space constraints. Since then, the overheating issues have been solved...except for when the car sits at idle in traffic for more than a few minutes with the AC on. As soon as I get moving, the temps go back down.

I never noticed the PS line being so close, so that's partly my fault I guess. I learned everything from my previous G35. So this car is another learning process. The line was wrapped with what looked to be a DEI cold wrap, but the uppipe burnt through it and the PS line. Now there is a fire retardant wrap on the hose. Hopefully it will be ok. This is something I should check every oil change...and I will.

also, being different ftw.
Econ is offline   Reply With Quote