View Single Post
Old 06-16-2011, 03:10 PM   #528 (permalink)
Andrei@G35Dri
Base Member

Drives: 2005 G35 sedan 6MT
Andrei@G35Dri is on a distinguished road

I read the thread and here is my take on it, it's not very good.

In my opinion single turbo kits belong on inline motors and a V6 with 2 headers and dual intake inlets belongs to a twin turbo kit which is why it had soo many problems. VQ35DEs have only 1 intake inlet and 1 MAF so they fair better but it still belongs to a TT kit. I have no doubt the people who made the kit are professionals in BMWs, but they let you roll with air in the cooling system which is a notorious nuisance on a VQ without coolant bypass mods, which would be my next mod if it was my car and I believe the only lines to remove are the ones from the throttle bodies on the VQ37, and since you are a former owner of a G35 you should have suspected there was air in it because of the high temps. This could have ended badly. I also noticed the problem with the PS line in the pics before reading the system went, another downside to having crossover pipes and up pipes and such on a V6.

Another thing I will say is that I don't believe in the idea of a single being better or less of an equal to a TT kit in power delivery. Sound Performance was making power from 3K RPMs all the way to 9K RPMs on their shop 350z with a TT kit using the same turbo you have. Another guy with a Greddy TT kit was making power over 8K RPMs a while ago on my350z and I believe it was AAM who built it or GTM.

I might sound like hard *** and a douche bag but that's my take on it. I do like the welds and the kit and the piping and everything, but only if it was on a inline motor.

Last edited by Andrei@G35Dri; 06-16-2011 at 03:19 PM.
Andrei@G35Dri is offline   Reply With Quote