View Single Post
Old 07-17-2009, 08:01 PM   #10 (permalink)
spearfish25
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: to work
spearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to spearfish25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forrest View Post
i agree dont drive like a dumbass. When it rains and the speed limit is 65, you will find me going 55. I could drive 65 no problem but i dont feel like risking it. The z is pretty low to the ground and i suspect the hyrodplane is increased due to it wont take as much water to fill the gap between your car and the road.
Dude, hydroplaning is a phenomenon of water filling the gap between the TIRE and the road. It's effected by your tread depth and tire design mainly. The car's clearance has nothing to do with it...you'd have to be in a goddamn flood for the car's clearance to be a problem. Then you'd be floating, not hydroplaning.

I've routinely done 80mph on the highway in fairly heavy rain. The car handles beautifully.
spearfish25 is offline   Reply With Quote