View Single Post
Old 06-16-2011, 11:08 AM   #2 (permalink)
shadoquad
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: .
shadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond reputeshadoquad has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NTMID8R View Post
I'll be joining the ranks in a couple months,with a new Z, so I will formally introduce myself here then.

As the title states, I have a nicely modded 06 cooper S.
That being said I am considering the Base Z with the sport pkg.
I had also considered the NISMO but not sure if I can justify the price for what you get and for what I'll use it for. (daily commute AND very spirited driving).
Mini offers the JCW Pkg that somewhat mirrors the upgrades with the Z and NISMO, but again pricey for what you get.

I have modded mine with aftermarket and its probablly close to the same at 1/2 the price of the factory package without the badging and aero kit.

Would it be fair to say what I'm looking for in the Z sport package and lightly modding as I go on, satisfy my needs OR is the NISMO just that much better right out of the box and worth the $$.
Re sale in 5-6 years may also play a factor as my Mini has actually kept a very good market value, even without the JCW upgrade.

Thanks for your input and I'm sure the NISMO owners will unite on this subject but I'm still looking for opinions.
It is a matter of opinion. You can get a close approximation to that sick body kit aftermarket, and you can easily tune a sport Z to outpace a stock nismo Z. But if you're looking for that whole package, the stock nismo has it all wrapped up, plus you get a build number, if that matters to you.

I love all Z's equally. For me, it was no dilemma. I bought base because I wanted to mod.
shadoquad is offline   Reply With Quote