View Single Post
Old 06-16-2011, 09:31 AM   #8 (permalink)
crystalline
Base Member

Drives: 09 Nismo 370z
crystalline is on a distinguished road

Just posting an update after long hard battle it seems like I have lost, an will be paying for a new clutch on a vehicle with under 10k miles. Nissan decided that the original dealer lied to me and that they performed 0 reliable diagnostic work on the clutch and simply tried to dupe me into purchasing one from them. Because of this Nissan decided they did not know what was wrong with the clutch and referred me to another dealer to have them perform the correct diagnostic work. This would cost around $700 or more IF THE PART IS NOT DEFECTIVE. Of course if it is defective they cover that fee.

My problem with this is that I know the part is broken how will they prove its defective verses abuse? The rep I had assigned from nissan agreed with me that it would be hard to tell the difference. So that seems like a waste of money.

At the same time this was going on I had been trying to reach the General Manager of the dealership I bought the car from. Boy is he a hard guy to get in touch with. He strung me along by not returning my calls or having my calls to the dealer screened for about 2 weeks. He did make an offer of me bringing the parts + $250 after I suggested I bring the parts and they install the clutch for free. I thought this was ******** of course but it was the cheapest option presented to me so far so sucked it up and told him I would accept it. He said he would speak with his service manager and call me back to finalize a time to bring the car in.

Of course he never called me back or returned my call for an additional 5 days, and then he has his service manager call me back and tell me it will be parts plus $600 or more. It took me another 2 days to get a hold of the GM to which he said they did nothing wrong selling me a car with a broken clutch for the same price as a car with a good one... lol And that obviously you can blow out a clutch in just one day... lol I'll leave it to your imagination what I said back to him.

So it looks like I got ****** long and hard by both the dealer and Nissan and will now be paying for an aftermarket clutch for my car

edit: The sad thing was I had a quote for a new nismo for 37,550 and I bought this used one with 6,600mi for 32,500. Lesson learned.

Last edited by crystalline; 06-16-2011 at 09:34 AM.
crystalline is offline   Reply With Quote