View Single Post
Old 06-16-2011, 08:58 AM   #17 (permalink)
Gromit
Base Member

Drives: None Yet
Gromit is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z_ealot View Post
Don't know where your dealer is getting their news from but according to Nissans own coporate website there has been no production halt to speak of since they got their manufacturing lines back up and running towards the beginning of May. There may be shortages on parts for cars which may slow production, but i think the dealer you talked to is just playing it safe and covering their collective behinds if ya know what i mean. I myself was luckily able to have a dealer get a Z into production run of June for me, to be delivered in late July/early August. According to the dealer i went through though they had to pull a few strings at Nissan corporate to get my Z into the production run.
I've been lurking for a while, this is my first post.

My wife is ready to replace her 2003 G35 Coupe. We drove a Porsche Boxster, BMW 135i, BMW Z4, BMW 335is, Infiniti G37S and finally, the 370Z roadster. She loves the Z.

I placed an order with a dealer on May 6th and what they told me sounds exactly like what you posted. We're also hoping for a late July/early August delivery. Do you mind me asking when your order was placed? The wait is driving her nuts.
Gromit is offline   Reply With Quote