View Single Post
Old 07-17-2009, 04:08 PM   #766 (permalink)
TheWeatherman
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2009 370Z 6MTw/Sport
TheWeatherman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by semtex View Post
Alright, I'm going to step back too. If I offended you with the 'Nazi' remark, I apologize. This isn't worth getting into a pissing contest over. But I want ask you one thing. Do you really consider Nissan engineers to be impartial in this? I mean, what else are they going to tell you? If their employer made a bad call and under-equipped a car, are they going to openly tell people 'yeah, we screwed up on this one'? I'm thinking no. Could be wrong, but my gut says no. Like I said in an earlier post, for me personally, this is really just about peace of mind at this point. I have no problem stating (and have already stated) that there is no hard evidence that 260 degrees will actually cause any long-term reliability issues. If someone asks me why I have an oil cooler, I am not going to tell them that it's necessary to prevent damage to the engine, I am going to tell them that it's just for peace of mind, can't hurt, etc. I think you and I are actually much closer to being on the same page than you might realize. Again, I apologize if you took offense at my previous post.
Roger that Semtex. Sorry for trying to close this. I guess at my company, that is quite large, we are encouraged to send all comments right to our CEO and GM if there's a problem. I have 200,000 to 400,000 people who watch me do the weather when I work. I make mistakes, yes. I fess up if something really goes haywire, and people let me know. I guess I just assume that many companies would have more to lose by being idiots to us, the people who buy their products. Could I be wrong about all of this? Sure. With my previous Nissans and Infinitis, they have never let me down. They usually came out with a fix to a problem before I even had anything go wrong. Any problem I've had with mine have been so minor. As for now, I will just trust them as long as my luck with their products. I even have my boss buying Nissans and Infinitis for he and his wife now. Sorry about my posts too, Semtex. AK said this subject really stirs some emotion, and I was a prime example of this.