View Single Post
Old 06-15-2011, 04:07 AM   #25 (permalink)
Gardus350z
Base Member

Drives: 04 Nissan 350Z L2 M6
Gardus350z is on a distinguished road

Does amuse make headers for the 370z? I've never seen them.

6k$ is an estimated price, and it's for the full exhaust with cats and headers.
They tell me HJS charges 500 euro for each cat, that's just the cylinder with the matrix, without any piping! Plus it's all made in Italy, manifacturing ain't cheap here...

How much are the other full systems? where are they made? The Invidia catback system is made in Taiwan for example.

Anyway, there's a bunch of new pictures, I think they're self explaining but a few details:
There's a cat back system with front pipes, centre silenced pipes and a rear exhaust.
Then there's the full system with headers, HJS 200 CPSI sports cats, centre silenced pipes and rear exhaust.
The front pipes of the catback work also as decat pipes if fitted on the long tube headers, removing the connecting pipe with the flange (there's a picture of this detail). That's the reason why the header have two O2 sensor socket, so you can fit the the 4 sensors without extending the wires if you fit them with decat pipes. If you fit them with the sports cat the 2nd two sensors are placed downstream, after the cats.
Note that a lot of welds on the pipes won't be present in the production item, this is the prototype and was assembled using pre-existing pipes when possible.
There are both MIG and TIG welds...the production headers will be probably be all TIG welded.

The car will be tested on the dyno today and I'll publish the results as soon as I have them, videos will be updated Friday or next week I think.

Gardus350z is offline   Reply With Quote