View Single Post
Old 06-14-2011, 11:41 PM   #14 (permalink)
UNKNOWN_370
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: well over 130m.p.h.
UNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcussoori View Post
Thanks for the opinions on whether or not I should drive in snow, whether or not I should use snow tires, and whether or not I should drive a fwd or 4wd car/SUV.

I would prefer never to drive in snow, and I'd love to have a fwd or 4wd car for the winter. As it is, I have used snow tires on my daily driver 370Z each winter in the Midwest and have only been stuck in snow once. A poster above was correct in saying that much of snow driving is common sense...but great tires really help!

Now, back to the original question: is it possible to take my car to the dealer to have the snow mode switch installed and related transmission/engine functionality enabled? As far as the switch is concerned, does it replace the blank button cover on the 7AT shift plate surround?
To answer this question we would need exact details on how snow mode will operate. Otherwise giving you a direct answer is a shot in the dark. At minimum the ecu will be reprogrammed and it may be very costly. Also because you will be altering your current stock ecu, it may void your warranty? The ecu is one tune that will void any mechanical part of your vehicle. If they do the job and let you keep the warranty? They will most likely replace the whole ECU which would cost thousands. Half the time nissan tries to void on there own nismo products. It may be easier to trade. Especially if you have a good relationship with your local dealership.
UNKNOWN_370 is offline   Reply With Quote