View Single Post
Old 06-14-2011, 03:39 PM   #14 (permalink)
TypeOne
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: BSM 370
TypeOne has a reputation beyond reputeTypeOne has a reputation beyond reputeTypeOne has a reputation beyond reputeTypeOne has a reputation beyond reputeTypeOne has a reputation beyond reputeTypeOne has a reputation beyond reputeTypeOne has a reputation beyond reputeTypeOne has a reputation beyond reputeTypeOne has a reputation beyond reputeTypeOne has a reputation beyond reputeTypeOne has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to TypeOne

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeyHotel View Post
Yeah, mix and matching parts from different years and models of Z's will mess the dealer up big time. They use VIN numbers to order everything and can't seem to get it right otherwise.

I have had to "hand-hold" my dealer through a couple of "non-standard" part ordering sessions to get the right thing. They're nice enough to put up with me because I do let them do some of my installs. H3ll, they admit I know more about the 350's and 370's than they do. (They also know if they f it up I'll just mail order it from Courtesy Parts )
I deal with Honda and Acura dealerships all day long and they are always really helpful. I can order anything from any car and have it in a few days with no VIN required. I find it weird that Nissan won't sell them to just anyone.

Maybe the OP should contact one of the forum supporters to see if it would be possible to get a true replacement spoiler.

I still say bringing it to the best body shop you can find it the best way to go about getting it installed.
TypeOne is offline   Reply With Quote