View Single Post
Old 06-14-2011, 10:04 AM   #610 (permalink)
ClemsonWill
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: a Civic VP!
ClemsonWill has a reputation beyond reputeClemsonWill has a reputation beyond reputeClemsonWill has a reputation beyond reputeClemsonWill has a reputation beyond reputeClemsonWill has a reputation beyond reputeClemsonWill has a reputation beyond reputeClemsonWill has a reputation beyond reputeClemsonWill has a reputation beyond reputeClemsonWill has a reputation beyond reputeClemsonWill has a reputation beyond reputeClemsonWill has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to ClemsonWill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooskey View Post
Ok well I finally figured out what was wrong with my car yesterday. I took it to the shop to see what the deal was and to install my oil cooler. Once I had it on the lift I noticed my rear driverside oxygen sensor unplugged (wtf). The car wiring harness was also ripped off of the little plastic clip that holds it to the little bracket on the bottum of the tranny. I hooked it back up and zipped tied it back to the bracket and all is good now. Thank goodness the wires were ok. So on to the oil cooler installation when I noticed a piece of the lower engine cover or what ever its called (black piece that covers the bottum of the car) was missing. It is a 6"x24" plastic piece that connects to the nismo specific bottum cover. I knew I didnt run over anything, I suppose this piece blew off when I was running 135mph down the interstate and took out my o2 sensor harness. BTW this little piece of black plastic cost $392.00 from the dealership (what a rip off, I will be making a new one from ABS plastic, the same thing the factory one is made out of). Well in the end im glad I got my car running right. I did learn a few things aswell so I thought I would share. Bank 1 = Passenger side, Bank 2 = Drivers side, O2 sensor 1 = Pre Cat (Air/Fuel)sensor, and 02 sensor 2 = Post Cat sensor.
Glad to hear you figured it out. Did you get a Z1 oil cooler?