View Single Post
Old 06-13-2011, 10:01 PM   #50 (permalink)
Forrest
Track Member

Drives: 09 370z Blk 6mt sprt
Forrest has a reputation beyond reputeForrest has a reputation beyond reputeForrest has a reputation beyond reputeForrest has a reputation beyond reputeForrest has a reputation beyond reputeForrest has a reputation beyond reputeForrest has a reputation beyond reputeForrest has a reputation beyond reputeForrest has a reputation beyond reputeForrest has a reputation beyond reputeForrest has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkman2008 View Post
Well, let's get a few things straight...

I am not a pro detailer, a normal detailer, or a detailer in any way. I have NEVER detailed cars for money. I would never detail cars for a living because the pay is crap, the work is hard and I am way too old to work that hard. The only car you will ever see me completely detail is my own. Anything else and it ain't happening.

Secondly, I do not work for Adam's. I work for this guy. The pay is excellent, I get Mondays and Fridays off and I don't do anything before 11:00 AM. Sometimes, my car might get dirty when the weather is nice and I will just take the day off, wash the car and go cruising. That's the way the Junkman rolls.

Last of all, I have 4 brands of products in my garage. Zaino, because it's good. Meguiar's Mirror Glaze line because it's good. 3M's professional products because I work on freshly painted cars from time to time and their products are excellent and recommended for that application (you can't just put anything on fresh paint). Last of all Adam's, because I can address 95% of what a weekend warrior will see, and it doesn't take a PhD to teach him how to use it.

So call me what you want, but a professional detailer I am not.
Junkman likes Adam's products. Everybody likes a product.
What Junkman excels at is making instructional how to videos.

I watched Junkmans how to videos and I ended up using Adam's products to polish my car. I am really happy with the porter cable and Adam pads and polishes.

I didn't use the entire line up of Adam's products but I did use a few thats for sure. I dont think Junkman said you MUST BUY ADAMS OR ELSE. You all can choose freely.

As for CGMMNY. I suspect if he purchases Adams basic kit he cant go wrong. I doubt a beginner wants a more powerful system. I rather stick to the safest solution I can use.
Forrest is offline   Reply With Quote