View Single Post
Old 07-17-2009, 09:54 AM   #4 (permalink)
ZKindaGuy
Track Member

Drives: 370Z-AT7 Tour+Sport
ZKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeZKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeZKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeZKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeZKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeZKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeZKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeZKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeZKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeZKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeZKindaGuy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by import111 View Post
Yea, I see 240 degree oil temps on a daily basis. I am worried about the long term damage that this will have on my engine. Judging on how big the oil temp issue threads are, it is not a small % of owners having the issue, but a large portion.

Just my 2 cents.
Seeing the temps hit 240 F degrees and whether the temps are sustained the entire time you are driving the car is two different things.

Unless a person lives in a continued hot climate with temperatures above 90 to 95 F degrees all the time I don't see how the temps can be persistentently sustained at that high temp all the time. Being you live in Arizona I can see how you might have a good reason to be worried. In your case I would just do the oil intercooler and be done with it. If it ever causes a waranty issue I think you would have a good case.

But as someone alluded to, the majority of the folks aren't in your situation so for Nissan the Porshe strategy makes sense for them.

Last edited by ZKindaGuy; 07-17-2009 at 09:57 AM.
ZKindaGuy is offline   Reply With Quote