View Single Post
Old 06-13-2011, 07:06 AM   #340 (permalink)
Armonster
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2010 370z t/sp/6mt
Armonster is on a distinguished road

Tony: I am hearing a slight rattle from the pipes during a cold start, and also during deceleration from about 2750-->2000rpm when I am not touching the gas pedal. Do you have an opinion on whether this is an installation issue? Also, do you have an opinion on the hissing sound that I described earlier?

Arnold: The exhaust sounds very close to how it did before, just a touch louder under all circumstances. Think about talking to a person standing 2 feet away from you, and then taking a few steps back and continuing your conversation from 5 feet away. Your voice would get louder but still sound like "you." I definitely notice the increased volume at start up and under acceleration. Wide open throttle is obviously where the biggest volume change lies. When I turn on the cruise control on the highway, I barely hear anything (maybe because of the nismo exhaust) until I decide to zoom around some person going too slow in the left lane.

Then there is the hissing sound that the pipes make during acceleration from about 2.5k-5k rpm, which is sort of like an additional soundtrack layered on top of the normal exhaust note. I am still trying to figure out whether this is normal, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnold K. View Post
Armonster: How did the sound change and get louder exactly? Under wide open throttle? Or in general, even when driving around under light throttle? Let me know. I just want to make sure my Invidia stays as composed as it is now.
Armonster is offline   Reply With Quote