View Single Post
Old 06-12-2011, 01:43 PM   #11 (permalink)
sarmyth
Base Member

Drives: 370z Roadster
sarmyth is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by iridefast View Post
Hey guys, I am also adding just the nismo springs to my sport package, I will still be using the sport struts. With only a .4" drop, I would assume my alignment, camber etc. would still be just fine. Am I wrong in thinking this? Also, are the nismo springs progressive rate just like the stock sport springs? Now I am getting nervous and considering not adding the springs. I just wanted a very small drop as this car is my daily driver. Thanks in advance for any replies.
Your alignment will be fine but you will have to get the car realigned after the drop.

As far as the ground clearance, so long as you aren't using gtspec's 6 point brace you'll have no issues on speed bumps so long as you crawl over them. I've bang'd my fast intention's exhaust can on a truck speed bump once, but other than that no issues. You will do driveways at an angle and you will scrape your nose on the concret parking stops if you venture too far forward in a parking spot.

So in short, it'll be just like every other sports car.

If I had to do it over again I would have gone with coilovers solely for the ability to adjust (raise) the height. But again, performance wise, it's a solid setup for the street and more than capable on the track. In theory I could contract someone to make me a pair of aluminum spacers to plunk under the springs but the lack of ground clearance is not that bad.

As for the springs I'm sure they are progressive, I had linear springs on a previous car and with every road imperfection they reminded you that they were. Adding that big ol' hotchkis removed the "softness" from the inital spring travel giving the impression of linear strings (consistent weight transfer when turning) which is awesome on the track, but made my commute bothersome. As a result I now run without a front swaybar when communting and now have a very comfy ride...it was fine with the stock front bar but the unfettered wheel travel (read: comfort) without a bar is just superb.

Last edited by sarmyth; 06-12-2011 at 01:47 PM.
sarmyth is offline   Reply With Quote