View Single Post
Old 06-12-2011, 12:27 AM   #28 (permalink)
Methodical4u
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 11 370 6mt pw w/sp
Methodical4u is a jewel in the roughMethodical4u is a jewel in the roughMethodical4u is a jewel in the roughMethodical4u is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomnavone View Post
And there are other brands that do the same thing as adams but cost half the price. Like chemical guys
I actually really like the Menzerna polishes. I mix and match my stuff. I use the blackfire wet diamond on the darker cars I seal, for the lighter cars or those who want a harder finish, I use the Finish Kare 1000p... which is very high temp wax, but is more like a sealant. I have spoken with a guy who was a rep for Finish Kare for about 8 or 9 years.. he told me the sealant was good up to 215 degrees.. as some waxes will basically melt and break down in extreme heat... Finish Kare doesn't do that. It has top notch reviews and is really excellent wheel wax.. 1 can lasts for a year or more and it's about 15.00 or so dollars a can. Collinite is also a really good company with several products that are inexpensive. Klasse all in one is another product that is GREAT for me.. if you just have some mild scatches, waterspots or stains.. Klasse will clean it, polish it, and seal it all in one step with a white pad and it's good for about 3 or 4 months.

I would say i'm probably a sealant fan more than a wax fan though.. I like that candied look, but some like that warm look that wax gives... I also like how the sealers last longer than most standard waxes.

I would say to give all products a try... look at ratings, talk to detailers and more than just one. Most products can do the same thing, but certain qualities some will like and some will not.
Methodical4u is offline   Reply With Quote