View Single Post
Old 06-11-2011, 07:13 PM   #19 (permalink)
Methodical4u
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 11 370 6mt pw w/sp
Methodical4u is a jewel in the roughMethodical4u is a jewel in the roughMethodical4u is a jewel in the roughMethodical4u is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGMMNY View Post
I actually went with Groits polisher. I was able to get it for 99 bucks via autoharp. I also purchased Groits polishing and waxing pads. I plan on using Meguiars ultimate polish initially because the paint is brand new and doesn't require an extremely abrasive polish. I won't have time to kick things off until next weekend and figure the job will be a two day effort.
I don't know anything about the Griots polisher... but if it's a DA then i'm sure it's good enough for someone starting out... and yeah if you are just working with a newer car that doesn't have many issues then I wouldn't use an abrasive pad.. without seeing the car obviously none of us could say, but you could try a white pad with the least abrasive polish and work it in and see how it goes... if not then go with the next one up.

Honestly though some of the Meg's products that I have used dried out really quick when I used them on a car I did. I like Menzerna products a lot because they last quite a while before the polish breaks down.

Congrats though... hope it works out well!
Methodical4u is offline   Reply With Quote