View Single Post
Old 06-11-2011, 06:46 PM   #52 (permalink)
UNKNOWN_370
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: well over 130m.p.h.
UNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by RexB View Post
"The cars with the lowest (0 deaths per 1Million cars) included the Mercedes E class and the Armada. Next after the Z was the Nissan Titan."

Off topic, but how can the Armada and Titan be on opposite ends of this list? They are essentially the same car. Is it burly pick up drivers vs. soccer moms? (BTW, I also have an Armada. It serves two purposes: Towing my boat and providing a sheet metal cocoon for my "new driver" 16 year old daughter. In a crash, mass generally wins.)

Its the drivers they attract.

As far as the armada. A month ago, before the accident, I was driving on the I-30 and in the matter of 1 hour I almost had 3 accidents with an armada. 2 women drivers and 1 male.
First situation: woman driving, doesn't notice traffic slowing down. She's like 3 inches from rear ending the Z. Nissan Armada.
Second situation: 20 min later, I'm on the left lane, lady on phone talking she suddenly drifts in my lane, I drift in emergency lane to avoid accident. Nissan armada.
Third situation. 5 minutes after the chic. Still on left lane. Without signaling, a guy attempts to go into the left lane just as I was approaching his rear tire. I slam the brake hard and he drifts back. I speed up next to him and he's. Lippiing the words "I'm sorry." Nissan armada.
Maybe Z drivers are dying because armada and SUV drivers are always running them off the road????? Seriously though. SUV drivers are the worst drivers in tx and they create many a accident behind them by cutting people off and causing chain reaction style accidents. They honestly think because they are big they are exempt from driving rules and common courtesy. Also SUV's tailgate me constantly and cutting me off is a past-time.
I got hit in my car by a ford f150 doing 70mph in a 35mph. She never even braked or attempted to maneuver away from the accident. My accident was bad enough that if I was t boned on my side, i'd be dead.
Not only that but people see Z's and act very stupid around them. I had mustangs tailgating me, cutting me off trying to race me at least 3x a week. Z drivers get harrassed a lot. I can imagine some of us are likely to get angry and wreckless. Eventually we either cause or have an accident. I'm not saying that's all cases but these are some valid issues.
I seriously wonder how many of those Z deaths involved a stupid SUV driver" They are killing us.

Here in dallas the most dangerous vehicle for me to drive around are:
1. Nissan, Ford and chevy pickups and SUV's
2. Ford mustang
3. Any semi- modified or modified scion.
UNKNOWN_370 is offline   Reply With Quote