Thread: Angle Parking
View Single Post
Old 07-17-2009, 12:06 AM   #12 (permalink)
MrBMW
Enthusiast Member

Drives: YELLOW 370Z 6MT NAV
MrBMW will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiddAdelaide View Post
Beg to differ a little, Mr BMW
Always been a "slick" angle "park-er", but due to the poor rearview, decided to take my car back to the dealer after 2 weeks for a reverse sensor
Due to the shape of the bumper, they only fit 2 sensors, but at least now I have more confidence with tighter spots.
In short, for those who have their Z on the way, asking for a rear sensor is a good idea. If they ask for more than $600, they're ripping you off
Hey there Kidd'. After re reading my post it seems like I cant park LOL. I would believe that I am a great Parker so to speak. I am finding that the initial part of turning (reversing) in I'm using my side mirrors. Then it has been very easy to literally just use the camera from there.

So far only had one instance where it was a bit hard. It seemed direct sunlight was shining onto the Camera itself this morning (outdoor car park) and it made it a bit hard to see easily.

I would agree two sensors towards the outside of the bumper would help/enhance parking. Mainly for the closeness to cars/objects to the side of the car. But to honest once you get used to the slight "fish eye" view of the camera, it is also fairly easy to judge distance to other cars. If I had no Cam or Sensors, it would be a bit harder due to lack of vision.

BTW, welcome and hope you are enjoying your car as much as me.