View Single Post
Old 06-10-2011, 01:40 PM   #4 (permalink)
Nixlimited
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 15 GT-R / 11 Prius
Nixlimited has a reputation beyond reputeNixlimited has a reputation beyond reputeNixlimited has a reputation beyond reputeNixlimited has a reputation beyond reputeNixlimited has a reputation beyond reputeNixlimited has a reputation beyond reputeNixlimited has a reputation beyond reputeNixlimited has a reputation beyond reputeNixlimited has a reputation beyond reputeNixlimited has a reputation beyond reputeNixlimited has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, tons of information on FI and 370Z in this forum already. To give you the ultra-high level overview: the consensus seems to be that the stock block is safe to 450ish WHP. This is at best an educated guess based on the smallish number of FI 370Zs out there with significant mileage. The GTM stage 1 kit makes about 400ish WHP and the as yet to be released stage 2 makes 475ish WHP. I have seen the Stillen kit make in a range of 400-475ish WHP, though some of the higher numbers were with custom tunes and upgraded SC units. I have driven the GTM stage 1 car and loved it, and I plan to go stage 1 or potentially stage 2 once I can find a car to buy.

I should add that another concern with FI 370Zs is cooling. The engine tends to run pretty hot. Plan on investing in an oil cooler and potentially upgrading other cooling system components. The stock clutch seems to hold up pretty well, but will need replacing eventually so count on that as well.

Last edited by Nixlimited; 06-10-2011 at 01:44 PM.
Nixlimited is offline   Reply With Quote