View Single Post
Old 06-10-2011, 12:08 PM   #183 (permalink)
b1adesofcha0s
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: HypeTrain Choo Choo!
b1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImportConvert View Post
The VQ makes 100whp less than the mustang does. Now you are talking about modifying it--even if done at the factory.

The Coyote (Ford's 5.0) is ready to go for DI. It was built with DI in mind. The VQ would then be behind by an even larger margin.

As to the GT-R, yes, you nailed what I was saying. The GT-R is not in the same class as the 370Z and it's a Halo car. That is like talking about the ZR1 and the Camaro SS or the Ford GT and the Ford mustang in the same sentence. They may share a couple of components at their basest level, but they really shouldn't be discussed together or taken as a representation of the brand.

No, the concept of the VQ is not out of date. The implementation of it is, though. Nissan needs to scrap the engine, and keep the knowledge gained from it. Just like GM did with the LS1 and Ford did with the 4.6L 2 and 3V engines. Great ideas, but they have a lot of room to be improved upon and reached the peak of their limitations without a re-do.

As to the NSX. Yeah, if my stock 150K mile Trans Am stomped one, it was underpowered for the money. It might have gotten around my old '95 F-body, but the beating wouldn't have been significant for sure. The NSX is like a supermodel with a great personality and a picture perfect smile that doesn't know how to make a sandwich.
b1adesofcha0s is offline   Reply With Quote