Thread: 2012 gt600?
View Single Post
Old 06-10-2011, 01:27 AM   #9 (permalink)
ImportConvert
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2019 CX5 GT Reserve
ImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isamu View Post
I'm pretty sure that says Shelby.. not ford... just sayin

Whatever it says, Carrol Shelby was hired in the 60's by Ford to improve the mustang and when he suggested IRS they were butthurt over the small price increase. I think we all know what CS would have put under the car if he REALLY had his way. Ford is just whoring his name for a small fee to make a chunk of change for themselves. You don't actually think Shelby was behind it, do you? Ford has been tearing Shelby a new one and using him for years now. I love how they hamstrung CS on his GT350 and then came out with the $40K BOSS203 which tore it up in testing right about the same time CS was able to get parts from Ford and came out with his $60K+ GT350.

Ford sure sells a lot of cars, and good on them, but I LOL at their politics and customers most of the time.

The article cited is junk. The '12 mustang is already on showroom floors. The GT500 for '12 has 550bhp and 285's out back just like the '11. They can't even get the year-model of the car being driven correct, (it's a YM13 test-mule--maybe--as those are out. Who knows what car they took pictures of really.). Why would I trust them to judge the suspension under a car based on the angle of a tire in a few shady photographs? All it takes is the driver weaving one way or another and that log will tilt (and the rims with it) and make ONE tire look like it has + camber or - camber and hiding the other tire from view in the photo does nothing to prove one way or another.

Last edited by ImportConvert; 06-10-2011 at 01:39 AM.
ImportConvert is offline   Reply With Quote